Its certainly a great place to start and its easy to start. Look for questions that relate to your niche or industry and start answering them. Even if you’re not an expert in a particular field, you can still give a few one senetence answers that may help others.
For sure, this is really important especially to become an authority in your field of expertise.
Its easy to edit your profile on Quora, just go to your name in the top right, then click on edit. I’d personally add a sentence about you and what you do, then ask the Quora community to follow you on your social networks or to visit your website.
Don’t turn it into a sales pitch as it could put people off.
You certainly can, Quora is a great source of knowledge for many people, we use it personally every day to find answers on particular subjects.
We’d recommend finding and following topics that relate to your niche or industry, follow answers without having to write an answer. Then when you’ve got 5 minutes, have a read through the questions and answers.
If you want to keep an eye out on particular subjects, we’d highly recommend Google Reader. Quora provides RSS feeds that you can subscribe to for example, if you wanted to keep any eye out on the Google Analytics topic then drop the following into Google Reader:
You can also follow Quora on Twitter.
It depends on the reason why you would want 2 profiles on Quora. I personally have 2, one for business and one for personal. There are subjects on my Personal profile that I would not associate with my industry therefore, I would not follow it with my business profile.
It can also be difficult to manage as if you use the app on your smartphone, you can only login using one account.
There are a few great tips to making the most out of your Quora profile, here are a few below:
1. Create a profile thats not a sales pitch. Tell them who you are, what you do and what you like to do in your spare time. Provide links to your website and social profiles.
2. Become an active user in your field of expertise and answer peoples questions. Can’t find a question thats relevant, ask a question! If you feel its approriate, provide links to relevant content but don’t spam.
3. Make some boards with relevant content, create and contribute to these boards and make sure they are relevant to your industry and niche. Share content both on Quora and off Quora on your own personal website.
4. Get people, colleagues and customers to sign up to Quora and follow you. You can utilise the Quora follow button on the Quora Resources Page.
5. Find out the most popular questions on Quora by following What are the most upvoted answers on Quora.